Here are certain facts about pollutions:
- It kills more people than smoking does
- 300,000 to 400,000 people die of indoor air pollution and carbon monoxide poisoning in India
To understand how to get breather fresh air in this polluted environment, Lets first learn what is air pollution.
What is air pollution?
Air pollution is a term used for any chemical, physical or biological agent that modifies the natural characteristics of the atmosphere.
Well, this simply means that naturally, our air used to be clean so that was its natural characteristic but we humans have altered that. We pollute our environment which as a result leads to air pollution and then which leads to the deaths of many people. Well, you don’t die suddenly, It works as a slow poison.
You might be thinking that Air pollution is the problem of Only Delhi, well you are wrong. Air pollution is a problem in almost all cities in India. It is declared that it has crossed the safe mark.
How is Air pollution measured
Each category corresponds to a different level of health concern. The six levels of health concern and what they mean are:
- “Good” AQI is 0 to 50. Air pollution causes little to no risk
- “Moderate” AQI is 51 to 100. Air quality is acceptable, but there might be a little health problems
- “Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups” AQI is 101 to 150. People who have diseases like lungs and others should take precautions as it does not affect healthy people but can affect people with diseases.
- “Unhealthy” AQI is 151 to 200. This is where problems start to arise as at these levels problems are seen
- “Very Unhealthy” AQI is 201 to 300. Serious problems start to arise
- “Hazardous” AQI is greater than 300. The entire people living in that region may get effected.
What does air contains/ Air composition
Air is made of Nitrogen and oxygen this takes the majority of the part in the air composition where are there are also a smaller amount of other gases such as
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulfur dioxide
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Airborne particles, or aerosols
Every 23 second a person dies due to air pollution.
Well here are the things that we are supposed to do:
1. Stop Smoking
2. Use public transport.
Well, you may be thinking that you already know all this. Well yes, this is some impractical ways, that means until all of the people started doing it, it won’t solve the problem.
So let’s talk about some practical ways to breathe fresh air.
Practical ways to breathe fresh air
Bring home these types of plant:
This converts Co2 to oxygen at night time hence it is called bedroom plant. Have 6 to 8 plants per person.
It removes chemicals present in the air
3. Areca Plant
Areca plant removes Co2 gas and converts it into Oxygen, the thing that we need. This one is for day time.
You should have 4 plants per person.
Well, the best part about this is that you don’t need to water it every day. Once a week is enough.
This is something that you can buy or simply just use your handkerchief. But buying a mask that is specifically made for purifying would be just great.
This is something that you definitely need. I am sure you care about your life more than your money. So get a good one.
Well maybe not everyone will take steps to make our world better, but to improve our own health we can do the above mention steps to at least make sure that we are healthy at home.